PUYALLUP, WA — Pierce County says vouchers are still available for its Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program.
The Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program offers $40 vouchers to eligible Pierce County seniors, which can be redeemed to buy food at select local farmers markets and fruit stands.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be 60 years old or older.
- Native American and Alaska Native residents are eligible at 55+
- Have an income below 185% of Federal Poverty Level.
- That’s $23,828 per year for a 1-person household, $49,025 for a four people.
- Live inside Pierce County.
The program officially began in May, but early adopters have just started getting their vouchers and the county says they have many more available for those who need them.
Funding for the program is provided by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the State of Washington. The program itself is run by Pierce County Aging and Disability Resources.